Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Confession of a Shopaholic



Crap!! I really just don't know what to do with myself! I blew a whopping $277 on 2 vintage-inspired dresses - and the worst thing is that they're not even branded!!They're from a tiny li'l store in Suntec called Veil and their stuff are imported from HK, Japan and Korea. My original intent was to check out a sweater on display that had caught my attention. However, upon entering the dimly-lit store, my attention was automatically averted to the bracket of quaint vintage-styled evening dresses that were so neatly arranged and classified on the racks according to color. I briefly perused through the entire collection and piled a heap of dresses to try. I fell in love with most of the pieces that I tried - They were all so figure-flattering! I finally gave in to my compelling desire and decided to buy a black knee-length dress. Just when I was about to make payment, the salesgirl told me that I would get a discount card for a minimum of $250 spent in a single receipt. That did it!!! I hastily grabbed the other dress that I was eyeing (there was only 1 piece left) and told her to add it in - the 2 items were mine with the swipe of my credit card.

Yeah! I finally have something to wear to Xiao Xuen's wedding. All that's missing is a pair (or two) of shoes, bags and accessories to match.

My confession of my guilt trip to Lyn stirred her inner "Shopaholic". She immediately sent me an e-vite to go shopping the following day. Looks like there's a Rebecca Bloomwood in all of us - its just that its more apparent in Mabes and I.

We finally hit the shops (4 days later than the actual intended day). She began browsing intently and before I knew it, had already made her way to the fitting room with 2 dresses and a skirt. She had her mind set on getting the skirt - a beige knee-length one with a brown velvet belt.

Lyn's focus then shifted to a versatile long gold-and-silver necklace with tiny clusters of pearls that could be worn in a number of different ways and a small yet classy 1920s-inspired necklace made of tiny black rhinestones set in black-tinted silver. She was now faced with the dilemma of which necklace to get. At long last, she succumbed to her "inner shopaholic" and decided to get both!! What's even more astounding is the fact that she convinced me to get a pair of red shoes (which come in an oh-so-cute shoebox) - something which I wouldn't normally have the guts to buy, let alone wear.

OMG!! What have I done??? I think I've just created a monster!! It was as if I was looking at myself through the mirror. Looks like I'm not alone after all!!! I feel so relieved! There's DEFINITELY a Rebecca Bloomwood in Lyn Woon too!!! Woo!! *Groan!!* Now I gotta worry 'bout my credit card bill!!!


1 Comment:

The Chic said...

OMG!!! U gals rock! U can even shop without me!!! I must have left u traces of my lethal Shopaholic virus before I left.. haha

P.S: u have to bring me to this shop Veil when I'm back in Jan!